Having children can temporarily change your body and increase body fat, but with a clean nutrition plan and some dedication, your fittest days are right around the corner.
Knowing the biggest roadblock a mom faces is time, this 20-minute “Fit Mom Makeover Workout” combines calorie-torching cardio with metabolically active-muscle building moves for a double weight-loss whammy!
Why This Workout Will Change Your Body
• Full-body, high-intensity interval training improves muscle tone, speeds up your metabolism, and reduces body fat fast.
• Combats the boredom of cardio machines.
• It’s excuse proof, because it can be done anywhere without equipment.
What To Know To Do This Workout
• Perform 15 reps of each exercise back to back. Once you complete the last move in the circuit, rest 2 to 3 minutes before repeating two more times (the full workout should take you 20 minutes). For optimal results, do this routine every other day—no additional cardio needed!
• Warm up for 3-5 minutes with jumping jacks, arms circles, and half-squats.
• Perform each exercise 15 times per circuit. Do a total of three circuits.
• Use proper form. Land squats in your heels, draw navel to spine, pull shoulders back and down, exhale on exertion, and never compromise speed for form.
• Cool down for 3-5 minutes after each circuit.
Plank Jump Squats
In a plank position, jump your feet to your hands and land in a squat, jump your feet back, and repeat. To modify, walk your feet one at a time to your hands and then walk back.
Burpees with Supermom Pushups
Jump straight into the air and land in a squat. Place your hands on the floor and jump your feet back into a plank. Lower your body flat on the floor and raise your arms and legs – hold for a two-count and then push up into plank and repeat. To modify, remove the jumps and perform pushups from your knees.
Twisting Side Plank
In a side plank, place your hand behind your head, and draw your elbow to the floor twisting forward and down cinching your waist, perform slowly and repeat on each side. To modify, change hand position to forearm plank and place your bottom knee on the floor.
Semi Circle Mountain Climber
In a plank position, bring your knees to your chest and slowly walk hands in a semicircle to the right and then back left. To modify, remove semicircle.
Sit Up to Hip Up
Lying flat on the floor, sit up and then place your hands at your sides lifting your hips to the table top position, repeat.
Who has time to be a Fit Mom? You do!
Trade in your long cardio session for a shorter, more effective high-intensity interval training (HIIT) session. Not only does HIIT rev up your calorie burn, it strengthens your heart, helps regulate your blood sugar, and raises your metabolism long after your workout is over. Avoid circuit boredom, and try these in the same fashion as the 20-minute Fit Mom Makeover Workout.
Speed skaters – 25 (each leg)
Alternating lunges – 20 (each leg)
Push-ups – 15
Squats – 30
Plank – 1 minute
Wall sit – 45 seconds
High knees – 25 (each leg)
Tricep dips – 25
Mountain climbers – 15 (each leg)
Walking lunges – 15 (each leg)
Bicycle crunch – 15 (each leg)
Side lunges – 15 (each leg)
Elbow plank – 30 seconds
Jumping jacks – 30
Tricep push-ups – 15
Plié squat with arm punch – 15 (each arm)